- How do I sign up?
1. Download the blu app on the App Store or Google Play.
2. Enter your details and submit.
3. Verify your account.
And you're done!
- What is 'blu ID'?
Each member is assigned a blu ID upon sign-up. Enter a friend's blu ID when you are sending them a parcel or when you're requesting for a parcel from them. You can refer a friend with your blu ID as well to earn loyalty points.
Once you're signed in, you can find your blu ID in the sidebar menu on both the app and website.
- I've changed my mobile number/email address! How can I update my account details?
No worries! You can easily update your account details on the blu app by clicking on 'My details' in the sidebar menu, and then clicking on the pencil icon beside your mobile number or email address.
- My friend asked me to sign up with his/her blu ID. How do I do so?
Enter your friend's blu ID in the referral code field on the sign-up screen and click 'Sign up'. Congrats! You have just earned 10 points from your friend's referral code.
- Who can I send my parcel to?
You can send your parcel to anyone in Singapore with a valid blu ID or mobile number.
- How do I send a parcel?
Simply make a booking via the blu app, then head down to your selected bluPort location to drop off your parcel before the drop-off deadline.
Click here for on overview of the process.
- What should I use to package my items?
Packaging your items appropriately helps to ensure that the parcel arrives at bluPort in good condition. When packaging your items, please note the following guidelines:
- At all times, consider the size, weight and fragility of your item(s) when selecting packaging materials. The material chosen should be able to securely hold the weight of your item(s) when transported.
- Smaller and lighter items can be packed in polymailer bags. For larger, heavier items, opt for a cardboard box. Avoid squeezing your item(s) into bags or boxes that are too small, as this makes the parcel more prone to accidental opening.
- When sending multiple items in the same parcel, wrap items individually and keep them separate with dividers. This prevents them from knocking into one another and sustaining damage during transit.
- Fill empty spaces in your package with filler materials, such as bubble wrap, foam pellets and crumpled paper. These fillers provide support and prevent your item(s) from moving around during transit, which can damage both your item(s) and the packaging material.
- Do consider including extra cushioning and protection, especially when you are sending high value and/or fragile items.
- Ensure that liquids are securely contained in watertight containers and protected with filler materials to avoid leakage and damage to containers.
- Make sure to seal all seams, flaps and edges on your parcel with strong adhesive tape.
- Label or write your parcel reference number and recipient's name clearly and legibly on top of the parcel.
Do note that blu is not liable for any damage or delivery delay caused due to inappropriate packaging.
- Are there items that cannot be delivered via bluPort?
We do not accept parcels that contain:
- poisonous items;
- dangerous and/or flammable items, and
- controlled/restricted items.
- Who can I request my parcel from
You can request a parcel from anyone in Singapore with a valid blu ID or mobile number. However, do note that your request can be rejected! We suggest that you communicate with your sender when requesting for a parcel.
- Can I request for a parcel from a sender who does not have a blu account?
Yes you can! Key in their mobile number when you make your request, and we will send them an invitation to download the blu app.
- How will I know if the sender has dropped off my parcel?
You will be notified when the sender makes a booking, and when your parcel is ready for collection at your selected bluPort.
- How do I check out with blu?
- On the home screen, click on 'Check out with blu' (third icon).
- Select your preferred bluPort to collect from.
- Use the the blu app to generate your personalised address. Copy and paste this address into the name and delivery fields at checkout, as shown below.
If you are unable to paste the first line of the generated address in the name field, please paste it in the first address line.
Click here for an overview of the process.
- Where can I shop
You can shop at any online store as long as they deliver to Singapore.
- How do I verify that my generated personalised address is correct?
Your generated personalised address should look something like this:
30 Boon Lay Way, #01-04
- What happens if my parcel has missing or incorrect items?
If your parcel has missing or incorrect items, please contact the merchant directly to arrange for a return or re-shipment of the items in your order.
- What happens if my parcel is too big for bluPort?
If your parcel is too big to fit into the biggest box in a bluPort, you will be charged 5.00 SGD for home delivery.
- What happens if my parcel is liable for Goods and Services Tax (GST)?
Depending on the international carrier, your shipment may either be:
- Held for onward delivery by the cross-border carrier pending GST payment (they will get in touch with you via phone or email), or
- Released for onward delivery with an invoice issued for GST payment (GST payment required to be made after).
We will inform you if any notices regarding GST payment are received at your blu address.
- How do I drop off my parcel at bluPort?
At the bluPort,
1. Select 'Drop Parcel' on the touchscreen panel.
2. Read and accept our T&Cs.
3. Scan or enter your dropCode.
4. Place your parcel in the bluPort.
And you're done!
- How do I collect my parcel at bluPort?
At the bluPort,
1. Select 'Pick up Parcel' on the touchscreen panel.
2. Scan or enter your bluCode.
3. Fill in your details and give us your autograph (signature) on the touchscreen panel.
4. Collect your parcel from bluPort.
And you're done!
- What is a dropCode and where can I find it?
When you make a booking to drop off a parcel, a dropCode is generated that unlocks a box of your requested size at your selected bluPort location. Scan or enter this dropCode at your selected bluPort to drop off your parcel.
Once your booking is confirmed, your dropCode will be sent to you via push notifications. Alternatively, you can access your dropCode by clicking on 'My parcels' in the sidebar menu, and clicking into the respective parcel details.
- What is a bluCode and where can I find it?
When your parcel is awaiting collection, a bluCode is generated that unlocks the bluPort for parcel collection. Scan or enter this bluCode at your selected bluPort to collect your parcel.
Your bluCode will be sent to you via push notifications. Alternatively, you can access your bluCode by clicking on 'My parcels' in the sidebar menu, and clicking into the respective parcel details.
- What happens if I miss my bluPort drop-off timing?
Your booking will be cancelled. There will be no refund of the booking fee.
In the future, if you are unable to drop off your parcel before the drop-off deadline, please extend the drop-off deadline with the blu app. Click here for detailed steps.
- What happens if I miss my bluPort collection timing?
If you have missed your collection deadline, please inform your sender and get them to redirect the parcel.
If you have checked out with blu, you can opt for a redirection.
In the future, if you are unable to collect your parcel before the collection deadline, please extend your collection deadline with the blu app. Click here for detailed steps.
- The bluPort isn't working! What should I do?
Oh no, we are sorry to hear that! Please double-check that you are at the correct bluPort location, and that you have scanned or entered your dropCode or bluCode correctly. If the problem still persists, contact us at 6817 3620 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How can I track my parcel?
You can track your parcel with our Parcel Tracker. Simpy enter your parcel reference in the search field.
- What is a parcel reference number and where can I find it?
A unique parcel reference number is generated when your parcel is processed by blu. This is separate from the tracking number given to you by the merchant that shipped out your order.
You can find your parcel reference number by clicking on 'My parcels' in the sidebar menu, and clicking into the respective parcel details.
- How long does it take for my parcel to be delivered?
Your parcel can be available for collection by the recipient at their chosen bluPort in as fast as 12 to 48 hours.
- How do I know if my parcel is ready for collection?
You will be notifed via the blu app when your parcel is ready for collection. If you do not have a blu account, you will receive an SMS or WhatsApp message containing your bluCode.
Scan or enter your bluCode at bluPort to collect your parcel.
- What if my parcel is damaged?
If we receive a parcel with damaged packaging, rest assured that we will contact you with pictures of the parcel. Depending on the extent of the damage, we can assist with repackaging the items with your consent.
- What happens if I am unable to collect my parcel when it is awaiting collection?
If you are unable to collect your parcel before the collection deadline, please extend the collection deadline with the blu app. Click here for detailed steps.
- How much does it cost to send a parcel/request a parcel/check out with blu?
Top up your wallet as and when you need parcel services.
- When you send a parcel, credits will be deducted for the box size you book.
- When you request a parcel, credits will be deducted from your sender for the box size he/she books.
- When you check out with blu, credits will be deducted for the smallest box size that your parcel can fit into.
Once you're signed in, click on 'Pricing' in the sidebar menu for more information.
- What are the payment methods I can use to top up my wallet?
You can securely top up with Visa, Mastercard, and American Express credit and debit cards, via our in-app Stripe payment gateway.
- Will my credits expire?
No, credits will not expire. Once you've signed in, you can check your credit balance in the sidebar menu on the website, or in the main screen of the app, on the top right hand corner.
- What happens if I have insufficient credits in my account?
If you are sending a parcel, you will be asked to top up your wallet before your booking can be confirmed.
If you are checking out with blu, you will be asked to top up your wallet before we can process and deliver your parcel.
- Are my credits refundable?
No, credits are not refundable.
- Are there any additional charges when using bluPort?
No, there are no additional charges when using bluPort.
More questions? Contact us.