blu Data Protection Policy
(Updated on 8 Feburary 2019)
Collection of Personal Data
“Personal Data” means information about you, from which you are identifiable, including but not limited to your name, nationality, address, telephone number, fax number, bank details, credit card details, gender, resident status, financial background, personal interests, email address, your occupation, your photo, any information about you which you have provided to Blu World Pte Ltd in registration forms, application forms or any other similar forms and/or any information about you that has been or may be collected, stored, used and/or processed by Blu World Pte Ltd from time to time and includes sensitive personal data such as your email, mobile number, race, ethnic origin, date of birth, and any other data relating to religious or other similar beliefs.
The provision of your Personal Data is voluntary. However, if you do not provide Blu World Pte Ltd your Personal Data, Blu World Pte Ltd will not be able to process your Personal Data for the Purposes and Additional Purposes outlined below and may cause Blu World Pte Ltd to be unable to provide services or products to or accept payments from you.
In addition to the Personal Data you provide to Blu World Pte Ltd directly, Blu World Pte Ltd may collect your Personal Data from publicly available sources or from third parties, for example:
- from filled up application or registration forms, surveys or training tools or other similar forms;
- from publicly available sources such as directories;
- from Blu World Pte Ltd’s official social media pages, if you follow, like or are a fan of such pages;
- when you interact and communicate with Blu World Pte Ltd at any events or activities;
- when you enter contests organised by Blu World Pte Ltd;
- from various entities or divisions under Blu World Pte Ltd;
- from other entities who provide you with services or with whom you have a contractual relationship;
- from marketing service providers or partners; or
- by using Blu World Pte Ltd apps and websites, which includes all apps and websites operated by Blu World Pte Ltd and under the names of its respective brands (respectively “Apps” and “Websites”).
Your personal data may also be collected from cookies used on the Websites.
Purposes of Processing
Blu World Pte Ltd may use and process your Personal Data for delivery and logistics, and payment and financial activities of Blu World Pte Ltd which shall include, without limitation the following (“Purposes”):
Where you are a customer of the services provided by Blu World Pte Ltd:
- to perform Blu World Pte Ltd’s obligations in respect of any contract entered into with you;
- to provide you with any service you have requested;
- to process your subscriptions and to deliver the services to you;
where you have requested to download and use the blu App, or any other Blu World Pte Ltd application, to process your request, to deliver the App to you and to provide you a license for the use of the App;
- to process and manage your rewards and loyalty points;
- to process your participation in any events, activities, focus groups, research studies, contests, promotions, polls, surveys or any productions;
- to process, manage or verify your application for subscription with the Blu World Pte Ltd and to provide you the benefits offered to subscribers;
- to validate your bookings and process payments relating to any products or services you have requested;
- to understand and analyse our sales as well as your needs and preferences;
- to develop, enhance and provide products and services to meet your needs;
- to process exchanges or product returns;
- to respond to questions, comments and feedback from you;
- to communicate with you for any of the purposes listed in this Policy;
- for internal administrative purposes, such as auditing, data analysis, database records;
- for purposes of detection, prevention and prosecution of crime;
- to maintain the safety and security of our services;
- for Blu World Pte Ltd to comply with its obligations under law;
and you agree and consent to Blu World Pte Ltd using and processing your Personal Data for the Purposes and in the manner as identified in this Policy.
Marketing and promotional purposes
Blu World Pte Ltd may also use and process your data for other purposes such as (“Additional Purposes”):
- To send you alerts, newsletters, updates, mailers, promotional materials, special privileges, festive greetings from Blu World Pte Ltd, its partners, sponsors or advertisers;
- To notify and invite you to events or activities organised by Blu World Pte Ltd, its partners, sponsors or advertisers;
- To process your registration to participate in or attend an event or activity and to communicate with you regarding your attendance at the event or activity;
- To share your Personal Data amongst its subsidiaries, associate companies and jointly controlled entities as well as with its agent, vendor, supplier, partner, contractor or service provider who may communicate with you to market their products, services, events or promotions;
by way of post, telephone call, short message service (SMS), online messaging service, by hand and/or by email.
Unsubscribe and Revocation of Consent
If you wish to unsubscribe to the processing of your Personal Data for Additional Purposes by Blu World Pte Ltd, please click on the link “Unsubscribe” which is embedded in the relevant email or message in order not to receive any such messages in the future. Please note that if you unsubscribe, we may still send you service-related messages, such as delivery notifications and payment receipts.
If you wish to revoke the consent that Blu World Pte Ltd has obtained from you for the Purposes stipulated herein, please notify Blu World Pte Ltd using the contact details stated below.
Disclosure to Third Parties
Your personal data may be transferred, accessed or disclosed to third parties for the Purposes and Additional Purposes. Further, Blu World Pte Ltd may engage other companies, service providers or individuals to perform functions on its behalf, and consequently may provide access or disclose to your Personal Data to such service providers or third parties. The third parties include, without limitation:
- Blu World Pte Ltd partners, which include parties with whom Blu World Pte Ltd collaborates with for certain events, programmes and activities;
- Event management companies and event sponsors;
- Marketing research companies;
- Service providers, including, information technology (IT) service providers for infrastructure, software and development work;
- Professional advisors and external auditors, including legal advisors, financial advisors and consultants;
- Other entities within Blu World Pte Ltd; and
- Governmental authorities to comply with statutory, regulatory and governmental requirements.
Your Personal Data may also be shared in connection with a corporate transaction, such as the formation of a joint venture, a sale of a subsidiary or a division, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of winding-up.
Access & Correction Requests and Inquiries, Limiting the Processing of Personal Data
Subject to any exceptions under applicable laws of your home nation or Alternate Country, you may request for access to and/or request correction of your Personal Data, request to limit the processing of your Personal Data for the Additional Purposes and/or make any inquiries regarding your Personal Data by contacting:
Blu World Pte Ltd
30 Boon Lay Way
Subject to any laws of your home nation or Alternate Country, Blu World Pte Ltd reserves the right to impose a fee for access of your Personal Data in the amounts as permitted therein.
In respect of your right to access and/or correct your Personal Data, Blu World Pte Ltd has the right to refuse your requests to access and/or make any correction to your Personal Data for the reasons permitted under law, such as where the expense of providing access to you is disproportionate to the risks to your or another person’s privacy.
Additionally, we may share non-personally identifiable information from or about you with third parties, such as location data, advertising identifiers, or a cryptographic hash of a common account identifier (such as an email address), to facilitate the display of targeted advertising.
If you do not wish for your Personal Data to be collected via Cookies on the Websites, you may deactivate cookies by adjusting your internet browser settings to disable, block or deactivate cookies, by deleting your browsing history and clearing the cache from your internet browser. You may also be able to limit our sharing of some of this information through your mobile device settings, or by submitting your details here.
Links to Third-Party Websites
Personal Information from Minors and Other Individuals
As a parent or legal guardian, please do not allow minors (individuals under 18 (eighteen) years of age) under your care to submit Personal Data to Blu World Pte Ltd. In the event that such Personal Data is provided to Blu World Pte Ltd, you hereby consent to the processing of the minor’s Personal Data and personally accept and agree to be bound by this Policy and take responsibility for his or her actions.
In some circumstances you may have provided personal data relating to other individuals (such as your spouse, family members or friends) and in such circumstances you represent and warrant that you are authorized to provide their personal data to Blu World Pte Ltd and you have obtained their consent for their personal data be processed and used in the manner as set forth in this Policy.
Acknowledgement, Consent, and Data Retention
By communicating with Blu World Pte Ltd, using Blu World Pte Ltd’s services, purchasing products from Blu World Pte Ltd or by virtue of your engagement with Blu World Pte Ltd, you acknowledge that you have read and understood this Policy and agree and consent to the use, processing and transfer of your Personal Data by Blu World Pte Ltd as described in this Policy.
Blu World Pte Ltd shall have the right to modify, update or amend the terms of this Policy at any time by placing the updated Policy on the Websites. By continuing to communicate with Blu World Pte Ltd, by continuing to use Blu World Pte Ltd’s services, purchasing products from Blu World Pte Ltd or by your continued engagement with Blu World Pte Ltd following the modifications, updates or amendments to this Policy, such actions shall signify your acceptance of such modifications, updates or amendments.
In the event of any conflict between the English and other language versions, the English version shall prevail.